Summer is here with reunions, vacations and weekend trips, so let’s pack our bags and get started!
Cloth diapers.. Wait… Cloth diapers..?
When it comes to vacation and traveling with cloth diapers, it may seem like an overwhelming task, but with these helpful tips, you can take your cloth diapers anywhere and leave the worries behind!
1. Pack a Planet Wise hanging Wet/Dry bag or two. This is essential! Both your clean or dirty diapers, towels, clothes, etc can be carried in the same bag. The clean or dry items in the front “dry” zippered pocket and the dirty or wet items in the zippered “wet” section keeping moisture and odors in. You will be able to store 20-24 soiled diapers in your wet bag. Don’t use plastic grocery bags as I’ve heard stories about people keeping used cloth diapers in plastic grocery bags that are later mistaken for trash and get thrown out. Don’t lose part of your stash to something that can be avoided!
2. Diaper Covers and Flushable Liners makes diapering convenient. You can simply discard soiled Flushable Liners and replace your cover with a new one. You never have to worry about laundry or having enough clean diapers on hand. And, in case you are worried about using anything disposable, The Flushable Liners are free of harmful substances, No odors or chemical residues and Made of 100% viscose rayon a man-made material manufactured from natural replenishable resources.
3. Plan for a laundry day. If you know you will be away from home for more than a few days, locate the nearest cloth diaper friendly laundry facility. Pack your cloth diaper safe detergent and make plans to wash your cloth diapers. Rockin’ Green Laundry detergent is available in pre-measured sample packs so you can pack just enough to do a few loads of laundry. (1 Sample Pack can do 4 loads)
4. Covers without inserts can double as swim diapers.
5. Don’t stress. Going anywhere with little ones takes some planning and a lot of patience, but try not to get too consumed with cloth diapers that you miss the moments!
6. When you return home after your vacation, don’t forget to bring in your wet bags and dirty cloth diapers.